The Child Advocacy Center provides a wide array of services to meet the needs of children/family members/caregivers impacted by a crime in Chenango County, services include;
- Providing a safe, child friendly, and controlled setting for child abuse investigative interviews.
- Reducing the number of times a child shares their story of a crime.
- Coordinating case information between investigative partner in ensuring the best outcome of case for criminal prosecution.
- Providing a multidisciplinary approach to child abuse investigations.
- Providing referrals to medical exam specialists.
- Providing a Family Liaison for support, education, and crisis intervention counseling.
- Providing linkage to other appropriate treatment services.
- Reducing the ‘system trauma’ that can accompany these cases; striving to do no further harm.
- Providing education, support and assistance to the community around issues of child sexual abuse and dating violence.
Chenango Child Advocacy Center offers:
- Family Advocacy
- Case Management Services
- Individual/Family Counseling
- Empowered Caregivers Support Group
- Professional and Educational Training's
Community Outreach/Awareness Events Planned for Fall, 2020
* Safe Dates Program at local schools for grades 8, 9, 10
* Palm cards distribution at local Schools
* Story Time @ local Library's
* Empowered Caregivers Support Group - September 8th thru October 28
* Appreciation Event for MDT/Service Providers
INTERNET SAFETY TIPS
With the unlimited use/access of internet for children through various form of technology it is important to be aware:
It is important to limit use of location services and avoid adding geotags that could share information on where we live, work, go to school, or spend a lot of time. Be mindful that all cell phones have Safety Tracking & GPS Tracking features which are on at all times unless enabled.
Privacy Settings Blocking & Reporting
Regularly check and update the privacy settings on each of the apps and websites you use to manage how your information is shared with others. Even within the Privacy Setting there are multi - apps to review and block for safety measures.
It is very difficult to avoid ever running into inappropriate content online. Talk to kids about what is and isn't appropriate, and let them know they should come to you when they encounter something that isn't right. Know how to use the blocking and reporting features on each app and talk to kids about using the features when someone isn't being safe.
Messages from Strangers
If someone is being harassing online, document it and report it appropriately. Talk to kids about how strangers might not be who they say they are online. Never share information with someone you don't know, and its best to just block anyone who sends a random message.